Friday, August 22, 2008

Emily Diet - NOT Day!!!!


I actually DO HAVE the discipline to see the Emily Diet through, unlike the Eric Diet where one only needs ONE bad virus attack, the Emily Diet needs patience, discipline and will of steel (I have never willed myself to faint this much in my life.... ever)!

But, having all the discipline, will and patience is ONE thing..... having parents that think anything less than a double chin means "YOU'RE STARVING!!!!!" doesn't really help either....

Classic case of Emily Diet-Not happened just this morning....

I'm asleep, when at 8.40am my mom comes pounding on my room door "WAKE UP!!! I MADE BREAKFAST!!!!!"

And I'm a morning person, cause of this wonderful inducement called breakfast..... so I hop gleefully out of bed and practically dance my way to the dining table.

There, she's cooked up some super kickass mee suah, dry version, swimming in lard oil, generously covered with stir-fried black sauce minced pork and garlic, blanketting strips and strips of prawn omelette.... yum-YUMMY-yum-YUM!!!!!!!!!

The loveliest thing to wake up to is Mum's cooking really..... espcially if she cooks anything with stir-fried black sauce minced pork with garlic.... It's one thing savouring stir-fried black sauce minced pork with garlic first thing in the morning, which is great, but the real BLISS comes from getting to burp stir-fried black sauce minced pork with garlic THE WHOLE DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh *big happy smile*

Anyways, how easily I digress..... back to the Emily Diet- NOT incident, there I was, happily napping for another 30 mins after I wiped the pork flavoured oil slick on my morning face, when I hear my father coming home from his morning "lim-teh" session. (See how I'm trying to meng-Hokkienise this blog?) And with him, he's bought.... sigh.... ONLY MY SECOND FAVOURITEST FOOD IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mee hoon kueh!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhh ...... the unmistakable smell of ikan bilis broth, still piping hot, the crispy ikan bilis and fried onions, the smooth pieces of carbs floating between pieces of sliced pig.... YUM!!!!!!!

So deciding there and then that this was going to be an Emily Diet - NOT day, I dig in, intending only to "taste" the soup....and okay, MAYBE a couple of slices of "mee hoon kueh"..... budden... before I know it, 90% of the bowl's gone!!!!!

I really should learn to focus..... between eating my mee hoon kueh, talking to my parents and reading the papers, I somehow auto-pilotted myself into finishing most of my food!!!!

So, no Emily today.

But BOY AM I HAPPY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

2 comments:

Mervin Lee said...

Waaaaaaaaaaa... Wa ai CHIAK!!!!!!!

Angie said...

wah...next time call me ok when your mom makes breakfast...i wanna eat too!!!