Tuesday, January 13, 2009

He ain’t heavy, he’s my brother


How’s the Wira keeping?”

Ok lar…”

Is it falling apart already?”

Nope

I say that while thinking about the frozen windows, the car light that’s fallen off, the two indicator lamp casings that have fallen off, the rear suspension that needs changing, and the front something-under-the-hood that needs replacing… Well… nothing’s literally “fallen off” yet….

“What’s the mileage like on your car now?”

“About 220,000 km”

And I pause for a second to consider if I should tell him that the speedometer gauge thingy didn’t work for about 6 months, so it’s not the most accurate of readings on mileage… but I thought I’d spare him…

“You want my waja?”

And I hesitate… Sure, it’s a much newer car. Bigger engine too. Well taken care of. A better car (arguably…..) BUT… *I take a quick breath*…. It’s got PURPLE seat covers!!!! Urgh!!!! But still… it IS a newer car...

“Sure! You changing cars ah?”

“Yeah. Thought of trading in the Waja. But if you want it, I’ll trade in your Wira instead”

“Errr….. you DO realize, in the condition she’s in… you won’t get much if you trade in value from the Wira riiiiiiiiiiiiiiite….?”

[Sighs] “I know. It’s ok. I’ll absorb it

“YEAYY!!!!”

Older brothers. I love muchly!!! Everyone should have one! :D:D:D
.

4 comments:

savante said...

Gosh when is my brother gonna absorb my losses!

RPMnut said...

I'm SOOO buying you a year's worth of car care products. :P

Angie said...

LOL purple seat covers?
If you install the alarm system that has the blue flashing light, you can technically have a party in your car!

Angie said...

Nut, you would need to not only buy the car care product, it has to come with the person to ACTIVELY wash it. Or else all the car care products in the world, won't help that pretty new waja...