Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't Say It!!!!!!

It was a typical girly yum-cha session…. Only the girls are in their thirties… and there’s simply no denying the thirties bit with an adorable little tot tagging along, him hugging his little blue elephant...

We settled in the makan place and ordered a LOT.

And as is mandatory with all girly session, we talked….. and talked… and talked….

He kept himself happy mucking about the booth seat, scrambling close to the cascading water feature and excitedly pointing out the “pond”. So easy to keep a 3 year old happy… (I can already hear Ah Ming going “You wait…. Wait till he’s in one of his MOODS!”

But he was so adorable that day.

And he was such a good boy, even when presented with a whole fish pond to conquer and explore….. with mummy and Auntie J letting their feet be fish fodder for the day…. And when he had that little piece of chocolate…. How his eyes lit up!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, and utterly ADORABLE!!!!!

Until of course….. dear ole me dropped him and mummy off….

He got out of the car…. Turned and looked at my tyres…..STUNNED!!!!!!

He did NOT blink…. He did NOT move…. He merely looked, and ever so slowly lifted his blue elephant free hand, pointed to my back car tyre and said…

“Mummy……. Joycelyn che-che’s car…… so…. so…..so…..”

Armed with instinct only a mother would have…. Ah Ming looked at her son, horrified….. and warned him….

“Aiden…. DON’T SAY IT!”

But he was too stunned, too transfixed to hear her….

“Mummy!!!!!… It’s so… so… so….”

Again, in the mummy-est tone she could muster, all the while giving me a helpless “oh-God-my-son’s-gonna-say-it look” …

“Aiden, DON’T! Come, hold Mummy’s hand, let’s go into the house…”

With a slight furrow on his ridiculously baby smooth forehead… he SAID it..

“DIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Ming’s gasp of disbelief could be heard for a 1 km radius… hahahaha!!!!

I was tickled pink!!!!

Said with so much innocence…. And with such shock!!!! Like he couldn’t believe that tyre rims COULD get to that particular shade of dirty brownish black….

I sincerely hope the poor little thing didn’t have nightmares…..

So, being the responsible Auntie that I am, yesterday, I am SO DAMN PROUD TO SAY….. I squatted by all 4 tyres, effectively cutting off all circulation to both limbs, and scrubbed my tyre rims clean. They are a sparkly silver now……

I am so PROUD…. and my legs are fine thanks….

.

8 comments:

Adrian Tan said...

IonBuck so proud of Joycelyn che-che. ;)

Booker said...

Thanks buck! you have access at work???? yeay!!!

Kenny Lai said...

Erm... My car also quite the dirty leh... when are u free to come over to do more of the same so i can be not only proud but really really really proud of u? :P

Angie said...

Ah straight from the mouth of the babes!! That's real honesty for you!!

I thot there was more to it? hehhehe

Booker said...

kenny, tell you what... the day i start washing my car everyday, and vacuuming it every week.... i'll do the same for yours :D

savante said...

Fuyooh why the tyres so dirty leh.

Kenny Lai said...

I guess that would be never in this lifetime? hahahaha :) sigh.. I have to pay ppl to wash my car now.... hahahah

Booker said...

Kenny!!!! You werent even gonna pay me!?!?!??!!?!?


evil!

savante.... the friendly neighbourhood workshop boys said it's cause my brake pads SUCK. so everytime i brake, it spurts out dirtyish goup. i've had them changed... so now only 2 are remarkably dirty. the other 2 are just... u know... dirty.

:D