Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Buttercup – The Little Dame...


Ok, so Eric didn’t blog today, which traditionally means, I have to.

Top in my mind right now, is Buttercup.

And how much poop comes out of that little thing!!!!

We’re still trying to house-train her… Again, my parents are absolute champions. Retired, they’re at home all day and will take her outdoors every couple of hours… so here’s hoping to zero-rizing “accidents” in the house *keeping our fingers crossed*

I’ve noticed that our little dame doesn’t really like the garden very much. Even when we’re coaxing and cajoling her. She will resolutely stand her ground, her short stumpy legs cemented to the porch, she will look up (and I mean up) (I’m about 5’ 9” and she’s all of 10” tall) and grooooooooooooowl!!!!

I don’t understand why, it may be that she’s not been to many gardens, or it may be that she simply doesn’t like grass… but then again, Patchee used to sleep on my car, and I never understood why either… so *shrugs*

She’s all grown up so thankfully, ripped newspapers and bitten shoes etc are all child’s play to her….. *Which is SUCH A RELIEF!*

She’s a dignified little matron this one….so she will come play with you WHEN SHE FEELS LIKE IT. She’ll “let” you pamper her a bit, nuzzle a bit, and she will layan you a bit, and once she’s decided that you’re settled where you are (reading the papers, watching tv, lounging around) she’ll walk away, about 3 feet away, flop down and let out a HUGE sigh…. Then she’ll let her eyes droop a little. (And boy are those eyes big!). Mid-droop, if you so much as move a muscle, those eyes BULGE out and POP back to attention! She’ll perk her little head up and watch you, 100% alert again. When she’s satisfied that you aren’t going nowhere, she’ll lay down her head, and the drooping process begins all over again.
But she never sleeps…

She gets excited and overjoyed when you come home, come down stairs, wake up, walk by her, HAVE FOOD IN YOUR HANDS, or simply call out to her… But come to think of it, I’ve never seen her asleep.

She’s an old gal, her muzzle’s speckled with white, and yet she doesn’t sleep.

And I kinda figured out why…

I think she’s afraid that if she DOES go to sleep, she’ll wake up and no one will be there anymore….

The poor thing….. If only I could take away the anxiety she’s feeling!!!

I’m pampering her all I can for now, just to assure her that she won’t ever be abandoned again.




7 comments:

pj in nocal said...

aw so sweet. i'm sure she'll feel more secure in time.

Booker said...

hi phi... yeah, i hope so.

eh, next time take pics of your food BEFORE u and J gobble it all up la!!! hahahaha

Mervin Lee said...

Sounds to me, she suddenly became the 'Tai Tai' of the house... everything is done for her, you all are at her beck and call.. but who wouldn't la... just don't spoil the girl ok!!!!

Adrian Tan said...

At last, Buttercup's got what she deserves! The best owner in the world to take care of her!

Janvier said...

Just need to do this all in caps.

SOOOOOOOOOO ADORAAAAABLEEEEE!!!!!

Angie said...

Poor baby...hopefully she can sleep. Maybe she sleeps at night.

Medie007 said...

how cute! :D