Monday, July 26, 2010

Hokey Pokey...

Nigella looked really Goddess like making it.

It looked SO SIMPLE.

Just 4 simple ingredients.

But..... sigh.

Maybe I wasn't watching the fire closely enough.

Maybe I didn't measure the sugar properly.

Or maybe I should have replaced that busted light over the stove. Checking boiling sugar for that perfect caramel colour using the light from my handphone MIGHT have caused it.

It.

"It" being the bitter, black horrible smoky burnt oil-slick like sticky mass that was left in the pot! My favourite pot no less! Thank goodness I didn't ruin said favourite pot!

Sigh.

.

3 comments:

Janvier said...

Pot is saved! Thank goodness! But...what time were you doing this that you needed handphone to check if sugar has caramelized?

Booker said...

At night la, after work, when nothing particularly good was on TV, and I hadn't bought my BBC box set of Bleak House yet :D

Adrian Tan said...

Now you know why I am so obsessed with torchlights! Hail torchlights!