Monday, November 23, 2009

Food.... overload!!!!

Don't get me wrong.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOOVE food.

And I love, love, looooooooove to over order, especially when people swing by Shah Alam for lunch.

But when we end up ordering 7 full sized dishes that can easily feed 6 just for the 2 of us....

Foodfest # 1

The Nut came by. I brought him to my favouritest thai restaurant in the whole of shah alam.

Butter prawns were on promotion. Yippee! So we ordered some.
Shark's fin soup was on promotion. Yippee! So we ordered some.
Tom yam soup seemed the natural appetizer, so we ordered some.
Mango kerabu there's to die for, so we ordered some.
Shark's fin egg picture looked particularly fetching in the menu, so we ordered some.
Salted fish mee hoon we ordered, because rice has calories...
Thab tim krab to wash it all down, cause it's honestly the cutest sounding desert I know.

and because they were so impressed with us, they gave us a voucher for .... FREE la la! 800gm!

Foodfest # 2

So the next week, MC came by, and I brought him to my favouritest thai restaurant in the whole of Shah Alam.

Butter prawns were STILL on promotion. Yippee! So we ordered some.
Shark's fin soup was STILL on promotion. Yippee! So we ordered some.
Mango kerabu there's STILL my favourite, so we ordered some.
Remember the voucher? La la was free, so naturally we ordered some, with spring onions.
Fish steamed in 3 flavours sounded too sexy not to order, so we ordered one.
We had prawns, shark's fin, la-la and fish. How could we leave crab out? Crab meat tau foo looked nice, so we ordered some.
To balance it all out, crispy glass chicken. Just so it wasn't just any ole' cholesterol fest, so we ordered some.

But note! No rice, which means the meal didn't have any calories! :D

And on both occasions, we finished everything! Well almost.... Thank goodness for long lunches, and thank goodness for quiet afternoons at work!

Anyone else swinging by Shah Alam soon???!??!




.





5 comments:

Adrian Tan said...

Sounds like a damn good reason to swing by Shah Alam. You should have told me about this over-order thingy much sooner!

wooncc said...

me me me... i'll be there tomorrow!

Angie said...

I thought if there is vegetables then only the the whole meal is calorie free.

Ok am coming to visit you for lunch...

Booker said...

COME COME COME!!!!!!

Can have the 67s catch up session there :D:D:D that is... if the Apnn doesn't mind driving all the way....

Eremyphang said...

You are reading stuff which 50 years ago was banned. Hope you don't have a gardener @ home! Naughty!