Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Yet another wet, wet Wednesday...

It's yet another wet Wednesday.
And I'm in the office. Typing away, looking very much like the busy and occupied worker.
But in reality, I'm thinking of what I'd rather be doing right this instant, as I look out at the grey landscape outside my window, splockled with raindrops...
1. Sleep.
Curtains drawn, curled up in bed, reading light on, while I finish the last few delicious chapters of my all-time favourite book "The Egg & I";
2. Eat.
If calories didn't matter, I'd be having scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam, creme brulee washed down with some cheese, crackers and white wine.
3. Bake.
Days like these my head's filled with recipes! The latest one that's been zinging in there's a big bad dark chocolate cake with bananas and hokey pokey honeycomb drowned in caramel sauce....
4. Draw.
It's been a while. But a friend showed me his debut collection of pastels and I must say, I am inspired.
5. Yoga.
There's just something about the soothing music they play and it's just you and your body. No machines, no gadgets. Over the rain, the traffic's silenced and everything's very zen..... (okay, it helps that the instructor's so cute it's almost illegal!).
But it's a couple of hours yet till my time becomes my own. For now, I'll just sit back, sip on green tea and dream a little.....
Ahhh....
.

1 comment:

Adrian Tan said...

Oooooh, Booker! The "okey pokey honeycomb drowned in caramel sauce" thing please!