Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Great Expectations........Part 1

Great expectations I once had,
And that I think has me sad;
For not once or twice but many a time
Great disappointment was my payment in kind.

Great disappointment was my payment in kind
A solution to this I've yet to find
To lower thresholds and turn an eye blind
Or keep true to myself in soul and mind?

To keep true to myself in soul and mind
Great strength I somehow need to find
To grapple with the shock I feel
Everytime someone breaks a deal

Everytime someone breaks a deal
In pain and doubt I toss and keel
For my great expectations that seemed to soar
Were really what I'd give to them and more.



Note : End of part 1. Sigh. I better lay off the classics after I finish Wuthering Heights.

2 comments:

savante said...

I'm sure you'll find those great expectations again one day! Never fear!

Wuthering Heights :) Who did I love again? It could be Hareton but I'm not sure.

Adrian Tan said...

Hmmm... I seem to be having similar issues today. Sigh...

So down, down, down, Book.